If you own or manage a venue and are interested in programming regular live music, branded events or club nights, please contact us to find out how we can help.
- You are based in England or Wales
- You have an alcohol licence
- There will be fewer than 200 people in the audience (for amplified music)
- The live music will not take place between the hours of 23:00 and 08:00
Research by PRS for Music* revealed that:
- Live music is the best way to increase sales – with 24% of publicans reporting an increase in takings of 25%-50% on nights when they have music, and 71% reporting an increase of 10-25%.
- On average, pubs without featured music are three times more likely to close than pubs with featured music.
- One respondent said: “Since taking over 6 months ago, we do music 6 nights a week where there was none before and profits doubled.”
*The Value of Music in Pubs – 2010
The Musicians Union have published an excellent guide to the new Live Music Act. The guide also includes advice for venues about hosting and promoting live music, and can be downloaded here.